In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Katie McCoy to talk about her new book To Be a Woman: The Confusion Over Female Identity and How Christians Can Respond from B&H Publishing. Today, we discuss the rise of transgender ideology, the contours of the gender debate, and how Christians can love our neighbors by speaking uncompromising truth with uncompromising grace.
Meet Dr. McCoy
Katie McCoy serves as director of Women’s Ministry at Texas Baptists. She holds a Ph.D. in Systematic Theology from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, where she previously served on faculty. She teaches and writes on the intersection of theology, culture, and women’s issues. She is the co-author of a forthcoming volume on the doctrine of humanity as part of the Theology for the People of God series with B&H Academic.
- To Be a Woman: The Confusion Over Female Identity and How Christians Can Respond by Katie McCoy
- Embodied: Transgender Identities, the Church, and What the Bible Has to Say by Preston Sprinkle
- God and the Transgender Debate by Andrew Walker
- Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters by Abigail Shrier
- When Harry Became Sally by Ryan Anderson
The Digital Public Square is a production of the research institute at the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission and is produced and hosted by Jason Thacker.
Production assistance is provided by Kadin Christian. Technical production provided by Owens Productions. It is edited and mixed by Mark Owens.
Digital Public Square Podcast with Jason Thacker
Conversations on theology, ethics, and philosophy in the public square