In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Joshua Chatraw to talk about his new book The Augustine Way: Retrieving a Vision for the Church’s Apologetic Witness from Baker Academic. Today, we discuss how to cultivate a more effective witness and robust apologetic in our post-Christian age.
Meet Dr. Chatraw
Josh currently serves as the Billy Graham Chair of Evangelism and Cultural Engagement at Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham Alabama and previously served as the executive director of the Center for Public Christianity in Raleigh, North Carolina. He is an award-winning author of numerous books in the fields of evangelism and apologetics, including Telling a Better Story: How to Talk about God in a Skeptical Age, which won a 2021 Christianity Today Book Award.
- The Augustine Way: Retrieving a Vision for the Church’s Apologetic Witness by Joshua Chatraw and Mark Allen
- Telling a Better Story: How to Talk About God in a Skeptical Age by Joshua Chatraw
- Biblical Critical Theory: How the Bible’s Unfolding Story Makes Sense of Modern Life and Culture by Christopher Watkin
- Mere Apologetics: How To Help Seekers And Skeptics Find Faith by Alister Mcgrath
- Narrative Apologetics: Sharing the Relevance, Joy, and Wonder of the Christian Faith by Alister Mcgrath
The Digital Public Square is a production of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission and is produced and hosted by Jason Thacker.
Production assistance is provided by Kadin Christian. Technical production provided by Owens Productions. It is edited and mixed by Mark Owens.
Digital Public Square Podcast with Jason Thacker
Conversations on theology, ethics, and philosophy in the public square