In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Coleman M. Ford to talk about his new book A Bond between Souls: Friendship in the Letters of Augustine from Lexham Press. Today, we discuss the life and work of St. Augustine as well as his understanding of friendship.
Meet Dr. Ford
Dr. Ford serves as assistant professor of humanities at Texas Baptist College. His research interests include the spirituality and pastoral theology of Augustine of Hippo, the transcendentals (truth, goodness, beauty) in the patristic tradition, virtue and ethics in the patristic tradition, Christianity in late antiquity, and the history of Christian spirituality and formation.
- A Bond between Souls: Friendship in the Letters of Augustine by Coleman M. Ford
- Confessions by St. Augustine and Henry Chadwick (translator)
- Augustine of Hippo: Selected Writings (Classics of Western Spirituality) by Mary T. Clark (translator)
- Friendship and the Moral Life by Paul Wadell
- Made for Friendship: The Relationship That Halves Our Sorrows and Doubles Our Joys by Drew Hunter
- Augustine: A Very Short Introduction by Henry Chadwick
The Digital Public Square is a production of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission and is produced and hosted by Jason Thacker.
Production assistance is provided by Kadin Christian. Technical production provided by Owens Productions. It is edited and mixed by Mark Owens.
Digital Public Square Podcast with Jason Thacker
Conversations on theology, ethics, and philosophy in the public square