Dr. Jonathan Pennington, associate professor of New Testament Interpretation and director of research doctoral studies at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary joins me to talk about his latest book Jesus the Great Philosopher: Rediscovering the Wisdom Needed for the Good Life and how philosophy connects to our everyday lives.
Sign up to receive the WeeklyTech newsletter each Monday morning at jasonthacker.com/weeklytech.
Meet Dr. Pennington:
Dr. Pennington holds a Ph.D. in New Testament Studies from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. He is the author of numerous works including “The Sermon on the Mount and Human Flourishing,” “Reading the Gospels Wisely,” and “Heaven and Earth In the Gospel of Matthew.” He is also on the preaching staff at Sojourn Church East in Louisville, Kentucky.
Connect with Dr. Pennington:
- Website: www.jonathanpennington.com
- Twitter: @DrJTPennington
- Facebook: @DrJonathanTPennington
- Instagram: @drjtpennington
- “Jesus the Great Philosopher” by Jonathan Pennington
- Preaching and Teaching from Jonathan Pennington
- Scripture’s Knowing: A Companion to Biblical Epistemology by Dru Johnson
- Hermeneutic of Wisdom by J. de Waal Dryden
- What Is Ancient Philosophy? Pierre Hadot
WeeklyTech Podcast with Jason Thacker
Stay up to date on the most pressing technology issues facing you and your family