In this episode, I am joined by Dr. Derek Schuurman, Professor of Computer Science at Calvin University, and we talk about his work in computer science from a faith perspective.
Sign up to receive the WeeklyTech newsletter each Monday morning at jasonthacker.com/weeklytech.
Meet Dr. Schuurman:
Derek Schuurman worked in industry for several years as an electrical engineer and later completed a Ph.D. in electrical engineering at McMaster University in the area of robotics and computer vision. Besides his technical research, he has also taught and written about a Christian perspective on technology and computer science. He has taught computer science at Redeemer University College in Ancaster, Ontario and at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa and is currently professor of computer science at Calvin University in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Shaping a Digital World: Faith, Culture and Computer Technology by Dr. Schuurman
- The Tech-Wise Family: Everyday Steps for Putting Technology in Its Proper Place by Andy Crouch
- From the Garden to the City: The Redeeming and Corrupting Power of Technology by John Dyer
- Modern Technology and the Human Future: A Christian Appraisal by Craig Gay
- The American Scientific Affiliation
- Christian Engineering Society
- Association of Christians in the Mathematical Sciences
WeeklyTech Podcast with Jason Thacker
Conversations on theology, ethics, and philosophy in a technological society